Hillview is a trading name of Wiltshire Consulting International Limited (‘WCI’). Registered in England & Wales: 05129336.
We care about and are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of, the privacy of the people who become our clients or who visit our website hillview.it. Below you will find details about how we treat personal data.
We collect personal data directly from you when you sign a contract with us or request a service. We limit our use of your information to that which allows us to find you as a named individual in order to provide the benefits of the services that you have requested. Whenever we collect personal data from you, or through our website, we will make it clear that we are doing so and will explain how it will be used. This policy applies to any personal data that we collect. When you provide us with your data, you have given your consent for its use.
Sharing of Personal Data
Your personal data will only be shared with those members of our staff who need to see it to perform their functions/roles/responsibilities. This is in respect of the IT services you have requested (e.g. problem resolution) or the activities they are organising for you to take part in (e.g. providing software updates). Where thought necessary, for instance to process an update, your personal information may also be shared with other people and third-party supplier organisations to the extent permitted or required by law (e.g. to enable us to action the fulfilment of an update). At all times we seek the necessary assurances from these third-party agencies that their management of your personal data meets the necessary legal obligations of the GDPR.
Keeping Your Personal Information Safe
WCI works to protect the security of your personal information in accordance with our legal obligations in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). However, we cannot guarantee the security of any transmission of personal information over the Internet. Communication sent over the Internet, such as emails, are not secure, although their security may be increased if they have been encrypted. Therefore, please do not submit personal information to us online unless you accept the security risks in so doing.
Please also be aware that:
- Recipients of your personal information may be in countries or territories outside the European economic area which may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the UK.
- Online payments by credit or debit cards for some services provided by WCI (e.g. payment of our invoices) are processed under contract using specialist third-party service providers. When a payment is processed by a service provider acting on our behalf, card details are collected over a secure line and protected by industry standard software which encrypts your information. Our service provider will use the information you provide to process your payment or to refund any monies due to you. Please refer to their terms and conditions for the relevant service for the details. Payments processed on behalf of WCI are managed in line with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
Retaining Your Personal Information
WCI, or its approved third-party agencies, will keep your details on record until we have completely dealt with your request, enquiry, or purchase and then for a reasonable period afterwards, in accordance with the GDPR and other applicable legislation. WCI may keep your details on record for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it may use your personal information, as set out above. If WCI decides that holding your details is no longer necessary, we will securely delete/destroy your details.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You are entitled to request:
- copies of, and/or access to your personal information.
- that your personal informationbe corrected where inaccurate or incomplete
- that your personal databe deleted (or that we stop using your personal data) where it is no longer necessary
- that westop sending you
In some cases, these rights are subject to certain conditions and limitations. If you would like more details about these rights, or to exercise any of your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
This document was approved by the management of WCI on 25 May 2018.